Wednesday, October 05, 2011


One of my very first posts, inspired by Steve Jobs. 
reposting now, as I remind myself who my heroes are.


(original post, June 15, 2005)

Steve Jobs says it best: you can only connect events backwards through time. We can't always predict -- and often fear -- how things will work out, but somehow, things always seem to work out for the best. So why don't we just trust that that is so? We need to take more risks, be more spontaneous, and have more faith in ourselves -- as long as we are following our hearts' desire.

I've lacked the true courage of my convictions when it's come to my dreams: to sing, to write, to reach out and talk to people, all in my dreams, all in my grasp, but never in my plans. I've feared the worst, and settled for the safe thing.

Life's too short. It's time to take stock of the cards I've been dealt, and try to see that I'm holding a damned Royal Flush!

Thanks, Steve, and thanks, Dad, for telling me to Google "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish". I wish for all of you reading that you take true inspiration from Steve's message -- trust us, it will all work out for the best. Just let your light shine, and follow your passion.
I'm going to.

No comments: